Monday 7 January 2019

Top 50 Games - Jan 2019

Like every year I have done my top 50 games list.  I used Pub Meeple again and entered every game I have logged as played on BBG.  I did not include any tabletop RPGs, because I think they are too different to compare with other Table Top Games.

Like last year I cut different versions of games that are basically the same (different versions of Flux or Ticket to Ride for example) but did consider all the versions I've played when making my decision on the game.  Some similar games, like One Night Ultimate Werewolf and One Night Ultimate Vampire, which I think are different enough to need different ratings I left separate. 

So below is my Top 50 List of games.
1 Warhammer 40,000 (Eighth Edition)
2 Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)
3 Necromunda: Underhive
4 Eldritch Horror
5 Space Hulk (third edition)
6 Zombicide
7 Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
8 Zombicide: Black Plague
9 Blood Rage
10    This War of Mine:  The Board Game
11 Mission: Red Planet (Second Edition)
12 Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game
13 Sheriff of Nottingham
14 Malifaux (second edition)
15 Plague Inc.: The Board Game
16 Colt Express
17 Gaslands
18 Flash Point: Fire Rescue
19 Dice Masters
20 Revolution!
21 Pandemic
22 XCOM: The Board Game
23 Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game
24 Spyfall
25 Mysterium
26 Legendary Encounters: A Predator Deck Building Game
27 Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
28 Telestrations
29 Ca$h 'n Guns (Second Edition)
30 Star Realms
31 Ticket to Ride
32 Camel Up
33 One Night Revolution
34 Carcassonne
35 Joking Hazard
36 Raise Your Goblets
37 Captain Sonar
38 Love Letter: Batman
39 Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game
40 Quartermaster General
41 BANG! The Dice Game
42 The Walking Dead Board Game: The Best Defense
43 Coup
44 Red November
45 One Night Ultimate Werewolf
46 One Night Ultimate Vampire
47 The Chameleon
48 Vault Wars
49 Corrupted Kingdoms
50 What Do You Meme?



So a few changes from last year.  Warhammer 40k and related games like Necromunda and Space Hulk are obviously high.  A couple of miniatures games, like Malifaux and Gaslands are pretty high and I really like them but they might be a bit higher if I had a chance to play them more.  Malifaux in particular I really loved when I played and I'm excited to play more, but with only 1 game of it so far I don't think I have a good enough understanding yet.  If I can get some more games in it could easily be top 3, it is a very good game.

Some games appear to have dropped off the list while some I haven't played this year are still sitting on there.

Top 10 has changed a bit but similar games are still there, Blood Rage dropped quite a bit but I think that is more to do with not having played it in a while, while Fury of Dracula has taken the 2nd spot off it.  Space Hulk dropped a bit but again I think that is because I prefer Necromunda which is new for this year.  Deception also climbed a few places this year but again I think that is to do with getting a few extra games of it in this year.

So there you go, my top 50 games for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment