Monday 5 June 2017

Unboxing Urbanmatz Folding Table, Game Mat and Terrain Package Deal

I needed somewhere new to play tabletop games.  I only have a small(ish) coffee table that I can play on but I needed a bigger area to play games like Malifaux, Shadow War or Warhammer.  I don't have much space in my flat to keep a full sized table so was looking for something that could be folded up and stored somewhere.  I started looking around and found a package deal from Urbanmatz.  I brought a folding 6x4 table, a 3x3 gaming mat and their pre-painted resin Ruins terrain pack.

The delivery turned up the other day so I thought I'd do another Unboxing post.


The 3 boxes as they arrived
Terrain
Ruins in packaging
25cm Ruin
So like I said I had included the full ruins set in my package.  For what I wanted I thought this would fit well with both Warhammer 40K (looking a lot like GW's own ruins) and The Malifaux Quarantine Zone.

The Set included 1x 25cm high ruined building, 2x 20cm high ruined buildings, 2x 15cm high ruined buildings, 4x 10cm high ruined buildings and 4x 3cm high ruined walls.

20cm Ruin
15cm Ruin
All the ruins were pre-painted and have a good, heavy feel to them.  I'm not sure they are as durable as some of the plastic terrain sets you can buy but I think they will be able to handle regular use with ease.

I'm really pleased with the set.  It looks good and feels great and there is enough to fill a tightly packed 3x3 board or spread out over a 6x4 board.

10cm Ruin
All 4 Wall sections
They also have an option for a Desert set that is available which I did consider since that could easily work for both games as well, but with Malifaux I was planning or doing more of a Redchapel theme so didn't want a desert mat.

I'm pleased with the set, one ruin did have a small break despite all the bubble wrap and polystyrene, but I was able to superglue it back together and you can't tell which one it was now.





The Full Ruins Set
Gaming Mat
Mat in its carry case
There were choices to get a mat in 6x4, 4x4 or 3x3 with the package.  I went for the 3x3 so that I could use it to define the game edges for Malifaux which is played on 3x3 normally.

Cobblestone Mat
There were a lot of options and I went for the Cobblestone Battlefield mat.  They also had option for Badlands, Desert, Sands of War, Asphalt, Dirty Roads, Space, Grasslands, Swamp, Snow Territory and Urban District.  As you can see they offer a range that could be used for any game you like.

Each mat comes with a carry case and has a small label on it that you can us to identify which mat you want to use without having to open up the bag to see which is which.

Close up of Cobblestone Mat
This mat, like most of the options they have, isn't really tied to a setting.  There are no markings on them that make them suitable for only one game so they could be used for almost any tabletop game you are looking to play.  The detail is really good and you can't see pixels when you get close.

I'm really pleased with the mat and will be happy to use Urbanmatz in the future to get more, possibly a 6x4 for Warhammer 40K and a 4x4 for Shadow War.




The Table

6x4 Table folded up
This was the main thing I was looking to get.  I needed something I could play a game on and also store in a relatively small flat. The table is 6x4 but folds to 2x4 with handles to help carry it.

It was easy to put up and is stable enough to play on.  It is not a normal table so I wouldn't want to using it for anything where people might be leaning on it a lot but for games it is perfect.  It sits at a good high, high enough you can play on it standing but not so high you couldn't use a chair if you wanted to.

6x4 Table Set up
The table is pretty lightweight so with handles you can transport it if you wanted to without too much fuss and folded it fits under my coffee table so it is out the way.  Unfolded I can actually fit my coffee table under the table so can store rule books, dice, drinks etc there out of the way which really helps in a smaller room since we don't need another table nearby to store everything on.


Overall I'm really pleased with the whole package I received.  I would defiantly consider buying from Urbanmatz again and would recommend them to anyone looking for wargaming terrain or accessories. 

All set up for a game of Malifaux in the Quarantine Zone.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete