Monday 25 April 2016

Eve Online: 1st Day in a New Alliance


After rejoining Eve I have found myself a new corp and alliance.  I wasn't really sure what I wanted to go and do in game but I was sure it wasn't going to be 0.0 Sov Wars.  I was looking for any non-sov PVP corps that I thought could be fun and I have ended up back with my first love, Lowsec Piracy.

I have joined Relentless Terrorism, a lowsec pirate corp and member of the Separatists alliance.  I love being back in lowsec and it something I have gone back to a few times since I first flew with The Gurlstas Associates back in 2011.

I also had a very nice 1st evening in the alliance.
So I had just finished jumping ships from the next door highsec into my new home.  I'd spend the last day or two buying and fitting the correct ships and moving them from Jita ready to be moved in, but due to active wars I hadn't actually joined the alliance just to make moving easier.  I'd probably only actually been in corp an hour or so at this point.

While I was moving there was a small gate camp on one of the lowsec gates but the highsec gate was clear.  Once I had finished I was sorting out ammo and drones getting ready to go and join in with the gate camp when someone with a scout 2 jumps out says he has a Thanatos, 2 Vexor Navy Issues and an Ishtar on D-scan.  We sort of assume they are at a POS but he goes to find them anyway.  

Suddenly he comes back with he has found them at a POS but the Thanatos is outside the shields.  He is asked to confirm multiple times it isn't in the shield and we start forming up a fleet.  The POS is confirmed to have no guns so we form up into a high DPS POS bash Attack Battlecruiser fleet with some tackle and support ships.  We get the name of the pilots linked and they are from Spaceship Bebop alliance but the POS is owned by Goonswarm, they can't try to hide under the shield because it isn't their POS, they are trying to destroy the Goonswarm one.

We get cloaked tackle in place as a warp in and form up on the other side of the gate.  The tackle uncloaks and confirms he has a point on the Thanatos.  The fleet jumps and warps in as fast as we can.  We land and start trying to spread tackles but one Vexor Navy and the Ishtar manage to warp off before they are pointed.  We take out the tackled Vexor quickly and get to work trying to break the Thanatos.  They had Sentry Drones out and I was the first primary, lucky we had a couple of Logi ships in fleet that managed to save my ship and once the Vexor was gone and the others warped off we didn't get much trouble from the Carrier itself.

The carrier blew up but we held position while haulers were brought in to scope up the loot and the abandoned sentry drones.  An Ishtar did warp back to us but landed about 80km off the fleet and cloaked.  We had Interceptors fly out to de-cloak but when they did they got a point on it but it had fitted Warp Core Stabilisers so was able to escape again.

With the loot picked up we started heading back home.  We started to get a few Goonswarm pilots passing through our home system, probably going to see what was happening to their POS but it was quite from then.

So my first night in my new alliance and I got a 2.39billion isk carrier kill.  It's not a bad start.

No comments:

Post a Comment