Monday 2 March 2015

Eve Online

I used to play Eve Online a lot, I haven't in a while because I went for a long time with a temperamental internet connection that wasn't great for online gaming so stopped my subscription.  For those that don't know Eve is a science fiction MMORPG where you take on the role of a pilot flying various space ships around a whole galaxy.  It's a sandbox and you can do anything you like within the game mechanics.  The economy is almost completely player run and is designed that even though area's are safer than others no-where is completely safe, even in the safest areas of the game other players won't be stopped from attacking you without provocation, only punished when they do.

I think it is one of the best and most interesting MMORPGs out there and one I played for years.

My main character was Karloth Valois and in my time I have done a lot of different things in game.  I lived in Providence 0.0 space after only a week in game, I moved back to high-sec space and ran missions and tried industry, I lived in low-sec space as a pirate, High-sec as a pirate and war dec mercenary, I have flown in 0.0 sov wars with Fatal Ascension and the CFC and have lived in both high and low class wormholes.

For anyone interested my killboard link is Eve-Kill it isn't the most impressive and I don't claim to be the greatest PvP player.

I decided to start telling a few stories from my time in Eve on this blog since it falls under gaming.  These may not be the greatest stories ever told in a game that is famous for player driven content, but they are some of the experiences I had in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment