Sunday 15 February 2015

It's been a while

I haven't been playing 40K for a while.  I plan on playing a few games soon so you will see some battle reports up here soon hopefully.

Since I last played the updated Blood Angels codex has come out.  I've been through it and written a few lists I want to try, some are just updates on lists I already have and some are trying new things to work towards so we'll see what happens.  I have a few thoughts about the new codex but  mostly I like it.  It brings the army more in line with other Space Marine chapters which is good.  The biggest problem I can see is moving Priests to HQ slots instead of 1-3 per Elite slot, it makes choices for HQ's harder.  The other negative I see in the new codex is moving Death Company and Assault Squads out of Troops.  Again it makes choices for slots harder and removes the choice of all jump pack armies. The issue with slots are helped by the Flesh Tearers and Blood Angels exclusive FOCs giving us extra Fast Attack or extra Elite slots.

I also picked up the Exterminatus supplement and the Blood Angels tactical cards, both are really good and the option for a 1st Company army is really cool.  It's something I have been thinking about doing for a while (along with a full Scout Company, but you can do that with a regular FOC) and having something in place to make that easier is really good.

So hopefully I'll be playing some games soon to try out the new codex and I will carry on building my Blood Angels army and trying new things.

So what have I been doing? Well me and my friends have started playing a lot more board games which has been really good.  We are all getting new games for us to try as a group and have been doing semi regular games nights.

A few of the games we have been playing are:

  • Zombiecide
  • Zombies!!!
  • Munchkin
  • Resistance
  • Betrayal at House on the Hill
  • Small Worlds
  • Cards against Humanity
We have a few others we are waiting to play and I might start using this blog to do write ups of game play sessions or reviews of the games if I can get the time.  

We also have plans for starting a Dungeons and Dragons 5e campaign.  We don't have much experience roleplaying as a group so it will be a bit of an experiment and we will see how it works out.  Again I might start doing write ups of D&D sessions on this blog if this takes off.

Anyway thats what I've been up to and why there haven't been any updates to this blog for a while, but I have plans to put more on here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment